Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 2 April 2018

Second on the 2nd

Once again a month has whizzed by and it's time to join Bleubeard and  Elizabeth with repost of something you may or may not have seen before!

I have a memory of a lovely day in 2103!
---------------------
Sarah's Secrets
Saturday 13th April 2013
Yesterday I spent the morning with my lovely friend Sarah of Art Of Moodling to do some journaling together. Sarah has signed up for 21 Secrets so I chose a number and it turned out to be  the amazing Kate Crane whose workshop we attended together a while ago! 
Clever Sarah took photographs as we went along so if you would like to see more take a look at her blog - in fact, I heartily recommend it, as you will see that we have ended up with such totally different pages! Sarah's reflects more of the kind of fun that we had whereas mine (I think) reflects our views on having and teaching children.



As you can see I'm no artist but I could see two spaces that were waiting for figures in them. Should I cut out from a magazine? or maybe draw then cut out my own(if it didn't look right then back to plan a)? Ummed and aahed then decided to just go for it! I mixed some Paper Artsy fresco paint to make a face then drew in hair etc using various pens. 
The quote is one I heard on a teaching seminar somewhere along the way and has somehow stuck - the thought being, that every child is different and although they need inspiration, advice and guidance they should be encouraged to think for themselves! 
We had a great time getting inky and catching up so Thank you Sarah for a such a lovely fun morning!


------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this look back - I don't think my drawing skills have improved much since then!

We have just returned from our caravan where it has been quite grey but we managed couple of walks! 

Thanks for looking Chris 

6 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

wonderful page. I like the blend of colors and textures, and your drawings to go with a perfect quote. Thanks for the look back

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a wonderful look back at a lovely journal page. I was SO impressed, because I can't even begin to draw. I also adore that quote, which is SO true and meaningful, too. Thanks so very much for sharing this with us as your second look on the 2nd. And I am glad to read you are now back home.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is another wonderful page and worth looking at a 2nd time. Hugs, Valerie

sarascloset said...

Love seeing this journal page! The colors are so fresh, and I love the whimsical look to the children. I admire you for stepping out of your comfort zone and giving your hand drawn images a whirl. Great job! I don't think I'd even attempt it! Sending belated Easter wishes!

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed going down memory lane with you.
Happy second on the 2nd Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page Chris. It's a great quote. I have never seen this page so I enjoyed seeing it. :) Hugs-Erika