Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Spring flowers

We decided to risk going out in our car today - it is due back in the garage tomorrow - and we were only going as far as Styal Mill!
I wanted to see some Spring flowers just like the page I made yesterday morning before Mona's funeral, which as expected, in true Mona style had quite a few things to make us smile! She would have loved it!

This page was made with some stamps bought with a voucher I won the other week from Penny Black and More!
The flowers are from two different Woodware sets. The ones in the background were stamped and overlapped across the whole page and I used a scrap of gelli printed paper for the other two and the quote, which is part of a That's Crafty Lynne Montcrief one.
My background was paint, dabbed on with a sponge along with some gesso and a stamp from the Trish Latimer workshop goody bag! All of the flowers were coloured in with either Inktense or Prima watercolour paints.

Oh! We did get to see some Spring flowers too!
 The scent from these was wonderful - they used to be my Mum's favourites - it would have been her birthday today - the first day of Spring! They are called Cheerfulness , a variety of narcissus. 

I would like to enter my page at Art Journal Journey for Rosie's Spring theme!

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

When we went to the spring bulb show at the arboretum last week the first thing we did when we walked in was sniff and let that heavenly smell overwhelm us. It is heavenly to smell spring like that, isn't it? Loving your art piece today too-paint your dreams is a fantastic quote for the page. :) Those are really fun flowers. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was delighted to read that you had a decent day at the funeral. They can be overwhelming to say the least.

I can almost smell the flowers in your photo, and the ones you painted in your art journal. The art journal flowers are so different and unique, yet what I would call magical. I never thought to paint my dreams, but I know YOURS will always include flowers of some type. I'm simply thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

Helen said...

Good to hear that the funeral was as ok as they can be, and a good memorial for a great lady. Love your bright cheerful page you created.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a good day out to 'recover' after the funeral. Beautiful flowers, too. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

The page is so utterly beautiful - all fits perfectly together in harmony - wonderful! Nice to hear that the funeral was not as sad as expected. This sounds very good. I am in love with these Cheerfulness - alone for their name which sounds wonderful and I would love to smell them! Can imagine that they brought the memories of your mother even more on her birthday! Thanks so much for sharing this post and page with Art Journal Journey dear Chris! Have a great day and fingers crossed for the car today! oxo Susi

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Good to hear you was able to take some time out for yourself Chris, it helps so much when we are faced with sadness and loss.
Your page is fabulous and I love those little prints almost like bubbles in the corner of your creation. Woodware have some fabulous flower stamps and are always my go to brand when in need of images just like the ones you have used.
What a beautiful find regarding your Mothers Favoured Flowers *Cheerfulness* really makes the mark that Springtime has arrived.
Warmest of wishes Tracey xx

Rike said...

This is a wonderful spring page, especially the pastel colors in the background and for the flowers! I like that background you have painted and dabbed on with a sponge!
A wonderful snap of the Cheerfulness!
Wish you a nice day!
Rike x

craftytrog said...

It feels like spring here today Chris, although it's clouded over now. 10 degrees feels positively balmy! :)
I love your beautiful floral page!
Hope you're having a lovely week.
Alison xxx

Rita said...

She would have loved such a pretty, bright, cheerful page. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

A birthday on the first day of Spring would be a double celebration :) I'm sure it brings you fond memories. We don't have any spring birthdays in my family.

Your spring flowers -both your art and your photo- are lovely!

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful page Chris, the new stamps look lovely. It was good to see the spring flower blooms as well.
Yvonne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fabulous cheery spring page, Chris! It just makes me smile from ear to ear. Your background colors are very dreamy - reflecting the text. Love how you layered and combined different stamps. Do I see another background page ready-to-go on your workspace? It looks like another winner.