Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 16 March 2018

Make the most of it!

As some of you may know we have not been able to use our car for a while(it is at the garage today - fingers crossed it's not too serious!)
Time to stay to home you might think - hmmm, so did I.....but with the help of public transport...... on Monday we met up with my youngest for lunch, went to the cinema on Tuesday, part 1 of my birthday treat from my family was on Wednesday(I'll tell you all about it on Tuesday!!, yesterday was a Gym trip and then Gardening Committee meeting in the afternoon! 

I was ready for a break so hubby took the car in for 8.00 this morning and came back again for lunch and has now gone to town so that when the garage say the car is ready he hasn't so far to go(the garage is on the other side of town!)

I got some household chores done in record time this morning and then spent some time playing. 
I am still managing to keep up with the Gelliplate challenge - sometimes it's only a matter of 15 minutes or so but today's has taken slightly longer!

What I really wanted to do was make a journal page for Rosie's 'Spring' theme at Art Journal Journey, so here it is.

Of course we enjoyed our outings although none of them took us near the countryside (although we did manage a couple of walks from the bus stop along by the river)
 While at our meeting yesterday we mentioned that maybe in a couple of years we would be giving up our caravan, something we have been talking about for a while - yes we do love it - it is like our second home - but we are paying management fees for both places and are wondering whether its the best use of our money!!
We will make the most of it for a couple of Summers and see how we feel then. Our friends were surprised and asked were we sure....no we are not!!!
We haven't been for a few weeks and we are missing it, are the flowers blooming, what are the birds doing, are there lambs in the field(that we can now see again!)????
We intend travelling up tomorrow, I am going up with my friends Sarah and Helen anyway for a workshop at Rowan Tree Crafts so hubby will follow on later and warm up the caravan!

My page was made by spraying some ink then adding some stencilling and stamping. The flowers are Paper Artsy, Kay Carling ones and they have lovely bendy stems that stay put well on my acrylic block.
The Crafty Individuals bird stamp is coloured with Inktense pencils.
The Dylusions quote sums up what we are both feeling at the moment.

Of course, all these outings have meant that my blog, and commenting on blogs I love, have had to be put on hold but I am hoping to try and catch up some time soon!
I hope to show you the few of my Gelli printing experiments too!

Thanks for looking, Chris  

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, and glad you are having fun without a car.I go everywhere by public transport and manage well, it just needs a bit more planning. Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I would love to have public transport such that I could give up my car. I'm glad you're finding ways to have fun during your temporary carlessness :)

Your "little things" quote is inspiring!

froebelsternchen said...

Your page is so beautiful dear Chris! The effects are always superb- you have such a good hand for layout and colours and layers and the best quotes ! Can imagine that it was exhausting without car and to manage all the many things you had on the agenda!
You are completely right to overthink the two places of living. That is much more money and a lot of double work and double thoughts for sure! And when you travel every year again... it all can be a bit tooooo much! So good to overthink all -
Happy weekend and enjoy the workshop and the caravan weekend my friend! Thank you so much for joining Rosie's Spring theme again! You made us happy!
Hugs
Susi

oxo Susi

Helen said...

sounds like you've been very busy without your car! your latest page is wonderful as ever. I will miss the photos from your caravan if you do give it up, but totally get your thinking.

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic journal page, I love the colours you used and its a lovely main stamped image.I hope you enjoy your weekend after the busy week and you get your car back and its all working as it should.
It will be hard deciding what is best for you to do about the caravan.
Ours we tow, we don't go as far these days, but it would be a hard thing to give it up.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your page is beautiful Chris. Love the spring feel you created. Sounds like you managed to not be stuck at home-which is great-and hope the car got repaired and didn't break the bank. I've been having lots of retirement discussions lately and I know what you mean about money discussions. However, if you love going and miss it then maybe it is worth the cost. I think time will probably tell you the answer to that question. Time usually has a way of doing that! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry this is brief. I'm having keyboard problems. You have far better transpo in your city than here. You got out more than I did this week.

LOVE that journal page. It's a beauty. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ, dear.

Jeannette said...

lovely page,love the soft green colors and the beautiful image and quote.

hugs jenny

chrissie said...

Such a wonderful page Chris.

Pleased you have been able to enjoy other ways of getting about whilst the car was waiting to be sorted. We haven't had a car for about 25 years and always enjoy being able to look out of a window on a train or bus-walking lots as well.

Shame if you give up the caravan it is in such a very beautiful place with an amazing garden.

Have a great weekend

Love Chrissie xx

Rosie said...

A very beautiful page, Chris

Thank you for sharing it again at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

Have a wonderful weekend

Redanne said...

I love your page, it is a definite reminder that Spring is just around the corner... I hope!! So glad that you are still managing to get about without your car but also hope that you got it back OK... Hugs, Anne xx

Rike said...

This quote is wonderful! You created a beautiful background for it and added a cute bird and other sweet details - they are the big things!
To give up a little paradise like the caravan place would not be easy and you have to think about how it feels in your stomach! The stomach decides it!
The best use of your money is always to invest into lucky moments.
Wish you a happy weekend!
Rike x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful page, Chris, with a wonderful sentiment. I hope you get your car fixed soon. The decision about the caravan is a tough one, but you've given yourselves a couple of years to decide. That's wise. I would miss that view of the sheep too ;-)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful spring page Chris! Xx