Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 6 February 2018

There's something in the air.......

We have a LOVEly new theme at Try It On Tuesday this time - 'Love is in the Air' which means all things love related! Of course it is Valentines Day this month, but you may prefer a project with hearts or something else about Love!
I altered an item I found in a sale towards the end of January.

 I was excited enough to find this collection of cones and berries AND a check ribbon...
...but when I turned the box over and found this in the box too I snatched it up quickly!
Once home it was a quick coat of gesso all over
Next was a coat of Paper Artsy 'Nougat' Fresco paint...
 ..of course, if I hadn't rushed into it I could have just used the Fresco paint as it always covers so well - Hey Ho!
It was here that I got involved and just forgot to continue with photos. I mixed some DecoArt Quinacridone Gold and Quinacridone Violet and used some stencils to add a heart each on 'L' and  and by drawing in the shape and cutting it out to make a mask on'O'. 'V' was painted with Crackle paste.
While it dried I stuck on some dyed flowers (using Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks - the lace had the same treatment)onto 'E'and added some dots using a sharpened pencil dipped into paint.
Some little hearts were drawn in the same way onto the 'L'
You see here that I used the DecoArt mix to rub over the crackles.
I used the Nougat Fresco paint to add hearts to the 'O'
I added a corner that I had painted too and then rubbed off some of the paint so some of the metal showed.
Finally I added Tim Holtz word and little crystal heart.

I hope you will be able to join us on this romantic theme this time, the Design Team are sure to inspire you - click here please, do take a look!.

Thanks for looking, Chris


16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE this one very much! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A great bargain and you have made it into something really special

Love Chrissie xx

Lula said...

What a great alterations Chris! Love the colour combo you have used. Hugs!
Lula

Meggymay said...

This is a stunning alteration Chris, I LOVE how you transformed this project.
You also managed to get a great bargain as well. I wonder what you will be making with the other contents of the box.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful transformation! That was such a bargain too and it looks like you had fun altering it with all those different mediums - perfect šŸ˜. Have a great new week! J šŸ˜Š

Joan said...

This is love-ly! , great piece of art

Redanne said...

Wow Chris, what a fabulous find!! You have decorated it beautifully, I love how you did the heart over the 'O', it looks wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Well done on your sale purchases Chris, super find. I love how you have transformed the plaque by adding your personal touch along with the lace. Lovely romantic creation.
Warmest of wishes Tracey x

My name is Erika. said...

Very clever transformation! I 'love" it. :) Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

What a fabulous bargain and a wonderful make over Chris, love how you've transformed this and made it personal with all the little added details.
Avril xx

Anonymous said...

that's so cute and great, the sign love!!!
happy Day
Elke

craftytrog said...

A bargain, and a beautiful transformation Chris! Xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I want to go shopping with YOU. This is fabulous, and a great buy, too. It certainly turned out well, and can go with Valentine's Day, but also sit out all year long. This turned out SO pretty and lots of techniques, too.

Marjut said...

What a wonderful work!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great buy! That looks exactly like the potpourri I use at Christmas time (without the "Love"), and I think you did a beautiful job of adapting that piece for a different season.