Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 29 July 2017

Smile!

We seem to be dashing about a bit which is strange because we are having some time at home - at least it's all good stuff like visiting grandchildren, playing scrabble with friends, meeting up with friends for meals and for coffee!
I do have a page for Elizabeth's Summertime Love theme at Art Journal Journey though! I did it last weekend but haven't been on the computer much!
The page was painted yellow then I added some green and pink by lifting some leftover (still wet) paint from my plastic lid palette with a paper towel and laying it lightly on the page in a random fashion.
I stamped the Carabelle Studio Azoline stamp and then stamped the larger elements onto paper which I coloured and fussy cut to stick on. I went over all of the outlines to make them stand out more against the background.

Because we enjoyed some sunshine last week (for part of the time) I added the TH Chit Chat words when I got home! I hope the sun smiles on us this week too!

Thanks for looking, Chris




11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That's a happy summer page for sure Chris. :) Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You will NEVER tire of flowers, will you, Chris? They are important in your art, and I always love when you share them with us. That background is SO unique and different, and I really, really LOVE how you used the leftover paint. Thanks for sharing this page that will make everyone smile at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the sunny colours, really a summery page. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Gorgeous!! Not surprised to hear you've been out and about, you are one of the busiest retired couples I know!!

Redanne said...

The background is beautiful and I just love those gorgeous flowers! The sun is shining today so lots to smile about! Hugs, Anne xx

chrissie said...

A truly wonderful page with the standout flowers.

Pleased to hear you are having a fun time at home and thank you for telling us about the treasurer's house and garden in York. We went there yesterday and enjoyed it very much

Love Chrissie xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Chris! I love the colours! Xxx

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful page - adorable colours and the flowers are great!I love all this delicate blooming.
Enjoy your happy time and yes: smiling all day is a good advice!Thank you!
Thank you also for yet another wonderful entry linked to the summertime -love theme dear Chris!
oxo Susi

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Sunday,
I am loving the colors in your summer page-well done!
Kathy

Meggymay said...

Love the summer colours Chris and the beautiful flowers. Its a wonderful page.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely time (always a good sign when you don't get near the computer, I find!). Love your sunshine colours here - fabulous florals and texture in the background.
Alison x