Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 17 July 2017

By the Sea

Home again and I have another page ready for joining in at Art Journal Journey! Bleubeard and Elizabeth had plenty of ideas in the introductory post this month for the theme of Summertime Love so here I am at the seaside! 

I had a background sitting(as they often do)in one of my large journals, just waiting for me to decide what to do with it! While looking through my scraps I found a paint sample card that I had picked up ages ago! I tore off the brand name and then just around the edges (leaving the advertising words) and placed it on the page - really pleased to find this start to my page!
I stamped the Dina Wakley bird onto some card that was leftover from a Brusho playtime. I stamped the shells (a Lindsay Mason stamp) randomly around the bottom of the page and added some loose weave gauze before adding the image.
The page already had some stencilling on it but I added some more (using a wavy stencil)and a bit of stamping - filmstrip edge and some dots and a Visible Images word. Finally I drew in some seagulls!

I haven't been around much lately for looking at blogs! The reception at our caravan is getting worse so I can only really use my phone on the move or if we are lucky enough to be in a cafe with Wi-Fi, which of course means I am either distracted by the scenery or I am one of those annoying folk who sit and ignore their partners and I'm afraid that's not really me!(Well, maybe for a short time!!!!)

Thanks for looking, Chris



  

7 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page - You found the perfect way to use the already made background!
Thank you for such a beautiful page linked to Elizabeth's theme!
Don't worry about not visiting blogs! To enjoy the holidays and have fun with the partner or family is much more important!♥♥♥
oxo Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really love this page, Chris. It certainly looks like summertime love to me. It's a beauty.

I echo Susi, knowing your time with T is just as precious as visiting blogs. So wait till you get home, then visit as you can. Thanks beyond belief for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful summertime love page, love the soft blues. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A terrific page with great ideas

Love Chrisiie xx

Helen said...

gorgeous background!

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful scene Chris and a perfect background for the clipping you used.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

What a lovely page Chris, and I love the colours you have used for the background.
Thanks for visiting me, glad I made you smile.
Hugs as Always
Neet xx